Friday, September 17, 2010

Tornadoes, Taxis and Tears

Well, nothing like a ridiculous storm full of thunder, lighting, hail, and tornadoes to put a damper on my vacation. It took me 45 minutes to get a cab from my office, and then another 3 hrs to travel about 8 miles... the last 2 of those 8 miles probably took me 2.5 hrs. Ridiculous. I finally called it quits and decided to come back to Manhattan. Don't know if I made the right decision or not as my 8:45pm flight is still "delayed" and has a current estimated departure time of 1:20am. I suppose I could have roughed it out, but I was pretty sure that route would have been another 3+ hrs in a cab... 6 hours in a car with a guy telling me he should have never picked me up and how I "totally messed up" his night was unbearable. There were many tears and I had to draw the line somewhere.

All the flights tomorrow morning and afternoon are sold out due to tonight's AMAZING weather. I'm still a bit upset that I've lost a day of vacation, but I'm determined to get there. So, Round 2: Flight to Houston tomorrow @ 8:45pm.

The only thing that cheered me up today was the delivery of the painting for my room! I fell in love with it at the store and hung it up as soon as I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment