Saturday, September 25, 2010

Food, Houston Recap, and More

Given my unhealthy weekend in Houston full of BBQ, breakfast tacos, and a delicious dinner of flank steak, bone marrow risotto, and peach-blueberry cobbler...mmmm


I decided to stick to a relatively healthy dinner menu this week. At the same time, I wanted to keep it simple. So salad it is! It turned out quite tasty, colorful, and really pretty!

I seasoned the chicken chunks with some salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper and sautéed it in a pan with some olive oil and garlic. It's plated on top of a bed of arugala, orange peppers, plum tomatoes, red onion, and avocado that is dressed with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The salad is finished with a little bit of fresh lime juice.

Below are some pictures from my trip to Houston. It may have been a PIA to get there, but I got to finally visit my sister and hang out! It was a little rainy the entire weekend, but we still had fun. We went to the George Mason Ranch where we saw some chickens, cows, and houses from the 1880s-1920s. 
 

  
 

One of the other places we went was Tacos-A-Go-Go for breakfast tacos and the NASA Space Museum. My co-worker Andrew bought the All-You-Can-Jet pass from JetBlue and happened to be in Houston at the same time. Since he was only 5 minutes away from my sister's apartment, and he had never been to Houston either, we decided to hang out for the day!
Tacos-A-Go-Go: This place was a little eclectic
There was a Lego world at the museum...
...and we couldn't resist taking some pictures
There was also jousting...
...and my mom totally beat me up!
There was actual NASA stuff too...

And last but not least, we made jewelry! My sister has tons of beads, tools, etc to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. So we went to the bead store and got materials. Everything came out really cute, and it was a lot cheaper than buying pre-made jewelry!
Bought the stone and made it into a pendant.
I made the tan and brown bracelets to compliment the green bracelet, which I bought pre-made for $5.
I was sad to fly back home since I don't really see my sister too often so despite a late start to my vacation, it was worth it! xoxo D! The flight home was uneventful, but I did get to see a pretty cool sunset sky from the plane.



No comments:

Post a Comment