Thursday, February 19, 2009

O + Picasso

Obviously, there was a trip to Vegas the past weekend. I have yet to update photos because I'm really, really lazy. But I will do a food update!

We went to see the Cirque Du Soleil show "O" first which was amazing. I was so entertained I felt like time went by really fast. I was surprised when it was over. I wanted to see more crazy tricks and stunts.

The hall had really cool statues carved from iron all over the place. Really beautiful delicate pieces worth lots of money... Here's a few pictures.


 

Then, we headed to Picasso on the other side of the hotel and wow. Really unique look. Not to mention the AUTHENTIC Picasso paintings on every wall! Crazy. I was this close to real Picasso art. So cool.

 

Picasso
Picasso at the Bellagio Las Vegas
Reserve a table Online

4 Course Prix Fixe Dinner:

amuse
Patridge Croquette
with Roasted Red Pepper Soup

course 1
Warm Quail Salad
with Sautéed Artichokes, Pinenuts

course 2
Boudin of Fresh Lobster, Shrimp and Scallops
with Tomato Coulis

course 3
Roasted Milk-Fed Veal Chop
with Rosemary Potatoes and Au Jus

course 4
Dark Chocolate Cake
with Vanilla Tea

post dessert
Assortment of Bon Bons
(The waiter placed them in front of me and said "for the lady" and then put the check in front of Matt and told him he gets the check. ha)

wine
Williams Selyem Pinot Noir 2005

Would I go again: I would have to say yes, only because not only does this place have a wonderful atmosphere inside the restaurant, but it totally restored my faith in Vegas dining. Ahem David Burke... Can we say, Lobster steak and bubble gum creme fraiche? Yea... Lets not go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment