Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Italian Asian

I was in the mood for some Italian so I made some Chicken Parmigiana and Linguine. Unfortunately my skill set does not yet include making sauce yet, so my marinara was store bought... gasp. I know, I know. I'll try eventually.
 Chicken Parmigiana and Linguine with Marinara
Making Chicken Parmigiana exactly the same as the Veal Scallopini recipe I posted with a few differences.
Right before you actually start cooking and you have everything set and ready to go (make sure you have sliced mozzarella set aside), set a pot of water on the stove to boil and preheat the oven to 400°F.

Cooking the chicken is the same exact method as the veal... changes in the recipe as follows:
No need to tenderize the chicken before cooking. 
Cook time: instead of 1-2 minutes, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side and place chicken on a baking sheet.
When all the chicken is on the baking sheet, ladle some sauce on the chicken, and place mozzarella on top. Pop into the oven for 7-10 minutes or until cheese looks thoroughly melted. 

Your water should be boiling at this point, so add your pasta to the water to cook. Time varies depending on what pasta you use, I used linguine which took about 9 minutes to al dente.

Since I used store bought marinara I needed to heat it up, before serving. I emptied the sauce into an oven-safe container and put it in the oven to warm up while the cheese melted on the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment