Monday, June 28, 2010

Ten-Ingredient Dinner - Lemon Chicken

So, to earn my keep, I decided to make dinner for me and Andrea. Surprisingly enough, I've made another TEN ingredient dinner! I wonder how long I can keep this up.

Ingredients
  1. Chicken
  2. Lemon
  3. Garlic
  4. Flour
  5. Salt & Pepper
  6. Chicken Broth
  7. Olive Oil
  8. Green Beans
  9. Butter






Lemon Chicken
(Serving size: 2-4)
Season both sides of your chicken breast with salt and pepper and cover in flour. Heat up a pan over medium-high heat with some olive oil. When the pan is hot enough, cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Again, if your chicken breast is thicker, this process might take longer.
While your chicken is cooking, chop up 1 clove of garlic and cut a lemon in half. When the chicken is done, set aside. In the same pan, add the garlic, juice of half a lemon, and about 1/2 a cup of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. In a small cup add a few tablespoons of water and a tablespoon of flour. Mix together to create a slurry. Add this to the simmering sauce and mix in. This will help thicken your sauce.

To make the green beans, I just put some olive oil in a pan browned some garlic, tossed in some French-cut green beans (frozen green beans unfortunately, but quick and easy) until warm. Add a some salt, pepper, and a tab of butter to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment