Sunday, November 16, 2008

Perry St

I've been dying to go back to Jean-George's Perry St for awhile now, and finally got the chance to do so last week. I really love how simple Jean-George keeps all his dishes, but manages to make them tasty and memorable. I would probably eat the butter poached lobster everyday if I could, but not very realistic...

Perry St
176 Perry St., New York, NY 10014
tel: 212-352-1900

Dinner:

amuse
Sweet Potato Soup with Parmesan

starter
Rice Cracker Crusted Tuna
Sriracha-Citrus Emulsion

main
Butter Poached Lobster
Plum Vinegar and Crystallized Ginger

wine
Chateau la Louvre (this may be a bit off)

dessert
Apple Confit
Creme Fraiche, Granny Smith Apple Sorbet

dessert wine
1996 Sauternes Chateua Guiraud

Would I go back: Given that this is probably one of my favorite places to eat in the city, definitely yes. (This would be a really nice place to take a someone on a romantic date...)



Images Courtesy Of Perry Street

No comments:

Post a Comment