Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bar Q

This post is a little late, but Matt and I ate at Anita Lo's Bar Q last Friday. She is also known for Annisa and Rickshaw Dumpling Bar.
The atmosphere and the design of the restaurant was simple and clean. There was a giant outdoor space in the back of the restaurant that was in pretty high demand, especially since the weather was really nice.
As for the food... I had the alcoholic bubble tea cocktail which was definitely different. However, I didn't like how I couldn't get any bubbles while I was drinking. They provided a small cocktail straw, but in the end, I asked for a small spoon so I could scoop some of the bubbles out of the glass. The style of the food had a prominent Asian influence and I tasted pretty good. My shortrib were really tender and flavorful. I also thought it was interesting how they presented the soy bean paste and hot sauce separately instead of as a single sauce.
Overall, although I thought everything was really tasty, the food and flavors weren't very exciting.

Bar Q
308-310 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10014
tel: 212.206.7817

My Dinner:
pre dinner drink
Green Tea Bubble Tea
Green Tea, Vodka, Milk, Amaretto Flavored “Bubbles”

starter
Tea Smoked Salmon and Its Roe with a Quail Tea Egg
Japanese Waygu with 4 dipping sauces

main
Grilled Shortrib, Korean Flavors

dessert
Warm Sesame Mochi with XO Caramel Dipping Sauce

wine
Ati Rangi

Would I go back: maybe... if I did, I would try something different. You can definitely get shortribs that are just as tasty elsewhere in New York.


Photo provided by: Eater

No comments:

Post a Comment